Monday 10 May 2010

ANCILLARY TASKS; completed digipack.



My compeleted digipak sends a strong message of grime, though the digipack appears a little "busy" I feel that this is a good thing as something stereotypically associated with the theme of grime is "graffiti" which seems busy so I like the effect of this digipack resembling aspects of graffitti. Most of the images shown on the digipack are of Switchy B. The other images are taken by myself for the purposes of the case. The two individuals holding each other is taken of their shadows, this is because I wanted to get a better effect of the image. It shows the closeness of couples in love, and the darkness hides the secrets that love often hides. I felt that it would be a good connotation as Switchys song tells us about a guy cheating on a girl, and her leaving him for another man. I also used pictures of Switchy B inside to simply promote the artist himself. The effects of the blue neon aim to show the electrifying pain experienced when love is broken, which I feel gives yet another good theme in the category of "grime".I used the same background as I did on the website so that fans of Switchy can feel a sense of collaboration and assocate that kind of colour etc, with Switchy and with the theme of grime.

No comments:

Post a Comment